Participate in the exchange of ideas and information from area leaders in government, business, and education. The SMBA provides a forum for addressing issues of concern to local businesses through meetings, focus groups, seminars, and social events.
Monthly topics include:
- Transportation needs and traffic problems
- Business development
- Crime trends and prevention information
- Government updates
- Housing issues
- Political issue and candidate forums
- And more!
Your annual dues of $190.00 includes:
- Monthly Meals
- Monthly Newsletters
- Discount on exhibitor fee at Annual Business Expo
SMBA is a member of the South Madison Planning Council. The SMPC consists of various business associations throughout the Madison Metro area united to address common community concerns.
One important mission of SMBA is contributing financial support to area non-profit organizations serving the South Madison area. We donate quarterly to various organizations and events.
SMBA also holds reciprocal memberships with:
- Latino Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Madison Chamber of Commerce
- Dane Buy Local
- Fitchburg Chamber of Commerce
- Monona East Side Business Alliance
- Greater Madison Convention & Visitor's Bureau
We also offer free memberships to the City of Fitchburg and the Town of Madison Police Department.
SMBA's goals are to:
- Provide opportunities to network and promote member businesses within the organization.
- Grow and diversify SMBA by encouraging membership and community involvement by reaching out to all businesses within the district.
- Maintain a vital and active membership that is knowledgeable of the challenges and opportunities within the community.
- Increase participation and diversity of the SMBA Board, Committees and/or Task Forces, and general membership to reflect the make-up of the community and its businesses.
- Strive to continuously improve the relevance and quality of monthly meetings, along with all associated programs/presentations to benefit and best meet the needs of the membership.
- Increase SMBA's organization recognition and visibility within the community through media publicity and event promotion.